At the present time there are three job postings:
SAINT AGNES HOUSE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH:
St. Agnes House, a Jubilee Ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Lexington for forty years, is looking for a new Executive Director. This is a part-time position, 20-25 Hours per week. We are a lodging facility for out of town patients and family members of patients being served by University of Kentucky Health Care and other nearby medical facilities. Our guests are primarily from Eastern Kentucky. Each night we host between eight and sixteen guests who stay with us for periods ranging from a few days to a month. St. Agnes House is located on the University of Kentucky campus.
The Executive Director will be responsible for fundraising, publicity, public relations, budget and financial management and supervision of a small staff of two part-time employees. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board. The current budget is $110,000 supported by diocesan congregations, church agencies, individual donors, and grants.
- Setting the tone and maintaining a safe, clean, and hospitable environment for guests.
- Creating and maintaining publicity through effective use of print and social media.
- Nurturing and expanding a base of donors and working with the Diocesan office on the base.
- Implementing the existing fundraising strategy, including our on-going grants.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will research and apply for eligible local, regional, and national grants, including Jubilee grants.
- The Executive Director will insure that guest occupancy data and demographic data is accurately maintained to facilitate grant applications and in compliance with guidelines of the Diocese.
- Working with the Board of Directors or Committees thereof on policy and over-all planning.
- The Executive Director will provide status reports to the Diocesan Executive Council and Finance Committee for the Board.
- Managing property maintenance schedules and issues and help manage, in conjunction with the appropriate committee of the Board, contractors and vendors to the facility.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE:
- Familiar with and compatible with Christian values of compassion and hospitality.
- Knowledgeable and aware of healthcare and poverty issues in Eastern Kentucky/Appalachia.
- A good communicator, able to effectively promote the ministry of St. Agnes House to a wide range of supporters within the Episcopal Church, other churches in the community and region in both verbal and written communications.
- Skilled in multiple communication platforms (print, web, social media).
- Able to successfully administer a budget, a small staff, and volunteers from churches and the surrounding communities.
- Aware of civil liability issues in general, insurance and general business practices and with some knowledge of dealing with older structures and aging physical plant, the latter in conjunction with a Board of Directors Committee.
SALARY RANGE: $25-30,000 DOE HOURS: 20-25 TBD
For Initial Contact: Dr. Robert M. Powers, (859) 324-2742, Roadrunners126@msn.com
Resumes may be mailed to: St. Agnes House Search Committee, Diocese of Lexington, P.O. Box 610, Lexington, KY 40588-0610
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION LEAD AT FORWARD MOVEMENT:
This position is responsible for providing creative and compelling design for print, digital, and web projects, and for serving as the production manager for products and resources. The design and production lead will collaborate with Forward Movement staff on a variety of projects, from books and pamphlets to online offerings and marketing materials. The ideal candidate should be skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and have some knowledge of web design. The employee should be a creative team player with a keen sense of how to design for different media. This person should have the ability to deliver quality products on deadline and in a fast-paced environment. An entrepreneurial and playful spirit is essential. Please click here for more information, including how to apply. The deadline is March 7, 2017.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, KENTUCKY COUNCIL OF CHURCHES:
The Kentucky Council of Churches is seeking a part-time Executive Director who is ordained and has earned, at minimum, a Master’s level Seminary degree from an accredited institution. The ideal candidate will demonstrate extraordinary communication and organizational skills. He or she should be committed to an ecumenical spirit and possess a background in building ecumenical relationships. The position entails working with officers, committees and judicatories of the Kentucky Council of Churches and supervising other staff. We offer a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates will be given further information by inquiring at firstname.lastname@example.org.